Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A THANKSGIVING TO BE THANKFUL FOR

This was a great Thanksgiving because we were surrounded by something we are most thankful for -- FAMILY.
Our girls and their kids came up to visit the whole week of Thanksgiving. The husbands joined them on Thanksgiving Day.
They had quite a snow storm to go through to get here up I-5-the road was closed for 2 hours North of Redding. We were so glad they finally got through that. Here's Payton with some snow at our place on Monday. She loved it, as did the other grandkids.
Owen and Dylan are getting really cute about playing with each other. They are playing baseball on the Wii.
Alex our oldest grandson, is really a nice boy.
Sophia, a happy good girl.
Addy with our newest "grandson", Max. She got her braces off the Monday after Thanksgiving. She was one excited teenager.
Here's my first attempt at stuffing a turkey. I always bake them unstuffed, but Chris wanted stuffing, so I broadened my cooking horizons and stuffed it. It came out OK.
Dylan's shirt says, "My grandma makes the #1 best turkey." (We hope that's true)
Payton helped decorate the table by making names on paper and attaching them to a pumpkin for all 20 people. We had fun doing it.
The feast.
After-dinner activities. A tradition-shotgun turkey shoot. Actually they shoot clay pigeons.
The shotgun gang.
Grandpa says "Pull!" to Alex.
Kelly tried her hand at the shotgun this year. She's been shooting other guns at the range with Chris, when he goes with the CHP guys. She shot an AR-15 last month. She said a moving target is a little more challenging.
Some played air hockey. Alex beat me twice.
Some chose to jump on the trampoline and bounce their Thanksgiving dinner around.(not me)
Some chose rest and relaxation.Including Max on Chris' chest.
Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful, full of food, family and fun. jim and kathy

2 comments:

Kelly Burks said...

I'm thankful we all made it. Thanks for having us all. Love you

The Smith Family said...

Great pictures Mom! I pretty behind on the Ol Blog! I need to play catch up before Christmas! Miss you and cant wait to see you soon! (9 days)