Saturday, May 5, 2012

BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARY

Jim and I had our birthdays, me on the 21st and Jim on May 1st, then our anniversary on April 23.  We ate at the Depot, a great fish house, here in Albany on Jim's birthday.  Crystal and Payton flew in on the 3rd and gave Grandpa a belt for his birthday.  The old one was "done".
 The excited gift giver.
 Flowers from Jim for my birthday
 36 years of marriage! I must have married Jim when he was 1, he barely looks 36.
For my birthday, we went on a ride to Camp Dakota.  I've been wanting to check it out.  It was a gorgeous day for a ride.  On our way there we found our future residence.  The gate even has the letter "K".  Palm tree lined driveway. Maid's quarters to the right.  It's a shame the way some people have to live, soooo sad.

Camp Dakota had some fun stuff.
 
A paintball course.
 Crazy climbing places

 They have yurts with foosball and air hockey tables.
 On our anniversay, we started to plant our garden.  Potatoes and onions are in.  We were going to plant the whole thing, but our ol' bodies wore out and our enthusiasm gave up when we pulled back the plastic and found numerous mole hills!! But a few days ago Kevin caught one in a trap.  And he laid a few more traps.  Maybe we'll plant next week.
 There was a zipline at Camp Dakota.  I thought about trying it out, but chickened out.
I wanted to end with this local swimming hole by Camp Dakota. Yes, that is a rushing waterfall, then there's a single curb and the swimming area is right by the picnic table. There's nothing to stop someone from falling off the curb into the waterfall, a good 20 feet over the curbing, yikes!

Life is moving along and I'm so happy to be married to a great guy who loves me and I love him and we are so blessed.

No comments: