Saturday, January 17, 2009

HOORAY FOR SUNSHINE!!

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine; you make me happy when skies are gray . . . " I know this song is about a person, but today I am dedicating it to the actual SUNSHINE. I think the last time we saw sunshine here was several weeks ago. We have had cold gray days for much too long. I went outside this morning at 8:30 and didn't come in until 5:30. I don't know if the temp got higher than 40 degrees, but good ol' Mr. Sun was shining and for that I say "HOORAY!" I dug a short ditch, fixed a section of our driveway, cleaned up the burn pile and cut and stacked some wood on the woodpile. Jim was inside trying to get some rest. He has had a cold all week, gone to work, been gone every evening (except Mon.) with church business, and put together a funeral for a Ward member that died and then conducted the funeral this morning. Rest was mandatory for Jim today.This is Mount Jefferson, that we can see from our backyard. It was a beautiful sight today against the blue sky! Hope your weekend is going great, take care.

No comments: